Dr.MGR Educational and Research Institute is highly reputed Institution
accredited with 'A' Grade by NAAC and it is reviewed and recommended by
statutory bodies, viz. AICTE, DCI, MCI, INC, PCI, NCTE, BCI and also certified
with ISO 2018-21001 by TUV SUD South Asia Private Limited. The institute is
recognized as Deemed to be University offers undergraduate, postgraduate
programmes and Research in various disciplines.
Admission sought into this prestigious institute is based on the norms prescribed
by the above mentioned statutory bodies. Applicants aspire to pursue
undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various disciplines from India and
around the world are based on the entrance exam score/+2 marks followed by
Flexible credit-based system with global standard
Promotion for Admission:
- Issue of Advertisement in National dailies.
- Issue of Application and Prospectus.
- Counseling by UNIVERSITY/DGHS
Policy in admission:
Reservation Policy of the Government of India is followed subject to the
availability of students in OBC/SC/ST/Physical Challenged People under each
Policy for NRI and Overseas students:
Non - Resident Indians (NRI)/Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Foreign students to
Institutions Deemed to be Universities shall be governed by the
Guidelines/Regulations framed by the Commission
NRI / Foreign Students Admission Procedure:
- Fulfill the admission procedure, complete relevant admission form, provide all
necessary documents and pay the processing, Eligibility and Tuition Fees.
- Subjects are same for Foreign Students / NRI as in the Admission rules and
regulation prescribed by Deemed to be University.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programme:
For any discipline the applicant should
- Complete 10+2 years of formal schooling
- Meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the Admission norms
- Evidence of required academic performance must be in the form of certified
English transcripts listing all the courses with grades or marks earned.
- Transcripts in languages other than English are not acceptable.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Programme:
For any discipline the applicant must
- Complete 10+2 years of formal education at school
- Bachelor's Degree of at least 3 years duration.
- Students meeting the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the Admission prospectus
would be considered for admission.
- The admission to post graduates courses is rather restricted and the applicant
should have excellent academic record to stand a fair chance for admission.
Procedure for Applying and seeking Equivalence Certificate:
Admission Application Form of Foreign / NRI students must comprise an
Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities
The students are advised to send the following documents to the Association of
Indian Universities for obtaining Equivalence certificate:
Provisional offer of Admission will be given subject to confirmation based on
- A provisional eligibility letter will be issued for the eligible students based on the
availability of the course applied for.
- This provisional eligibility cum admission letter will enable the student to obtain a
Student Visa from the Indian Mission in his / her home country.
- Only on producing the Student Visa, endorsed to our University, the admission
will be confirmed to the course of his / her choice, provided on the availability of
- The Student has to report within the time frame stated in the Provisional
- Student Visa should be endorsed to our University for joining full time course.
- No other endorsement will be accepted. The visa should be valid till the duration of
- Submission of fitness certificate from Medical Practitioner or a Medical
Practitioner nominated by our University.
- Adequate Medical Insurance Cover.
- All Foreign / NRI students will be required to register themselves with the
concerned District Foreigner Registration Officers / Foreigners Regional
Registration Officers, within 14 days of their first arrival in India.
Submission of documents at the time of registration with the Foreigners
- Photocopy of passport and visa
- Four Photographs
- Details of Residence in India HIV / AIDS Test Report from one of the WHO
Admission Application Form:
Application forms Arch / MBBS / BDS / Nursing / Physiotherapy / Pharmacy /
Allied Health Science with prospectus can be obtained in person for Rs.1000/-
Application for Engineering & Technology, Law, H&S and other courses with
prospectus can be obtained for Rs.500/- Application by post can be obtained with
extra Rs.100/- by online & DD in favour of "Dr. MGR Educational and
Research Institute". Payable at Chennai with full address of the applicant.
Submission of Completed forms should be sent to
Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute
Periyar EVR Salai (NH 4 Highway)
Maduravoyal ,Chennai - 600 095.
Mode of Payment of Fees
Selected candidates have to pay the fees as mentioned in the Admission Form. The
fees can be paid either by cash or through NEFT or by Demand Draft drawn in
favour of Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, payable at Chennai.
Fees once paid are not refundable under any circumstances.
INSTRUCTION FOR HOSTEL ADMISSION